[Korea-chapter] [Consortium] [X3D] minutes from Web3D Korea chapter meeting

Richard F. Puk puk at igraphics.com
Mon Dec 7 10:22:09 PST 2009

Hi --

The current draft seems to address all of the problems that I know about. If
not, I need specifics. To answer Mike's question, the SEDRIS-related EDCS
standard specifies codes and labels for standard units based on the SI (ISO
41). The current 3.3 spec provides explicit support for those SI unit
categories used by X3D and allows other SI units to be specified as
metadata. It also allows arbitrary units to be specified. This might be
useful if I am modeling a virtual world (some remote planet for example)
that wants to use its own units.

Please describe those aspects of the current 3.3 specification that are
unclear or need fixing.

  -- Dick