[Korea-chapter] [X3D] Fw: Agenda items for the Korea chapter meeting (Wed. 5:10pm PST / Thu 9:10am Korea)

Alan Hudson giles at yumetech.com
Wed Oct 14 18:48:40 PDT 2009

Joe D Williams wrote:
>>>     B.In the unit WD, 9.4.2 Inline states "Any UNIT statements
>>> contained in the
>>>     file being inlined are ignored"
>
>> agreed this language wont work.  UNITS should define a per execution
>> space conversion to meters.
>
> Just to be clear, Alan, are you saying that, for example, each Inline
> should be rendered in the units it specifies?

yes
> For example, if I had a 0.01 scale in my main scene, and I had a 0.01
> scale in an imported (inline) scene, then both would apply? Units
> scaling cascades.

well now I don't know if I agree.  Each file is conceptually converted
to meters.  It doesn't matter what your parent scene's units are.

A smart browser can optimize this by not converting if all scenes are
the same units...  but the content doesn't need to worry about that

--
Alan Hudson

President Yumetech, Inc.                               www.yumetech.com
President Web3D Consortium                             www.web3d.org
206 340 8900 ext 111

Open Source CAN be free, as in "free puppy"