[Korea-chapter] Call to members: any IPR requirements forX3D v3.3 technical submissions?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jun 3 09:36:59 PDT 2010

Dear Web3D members:  we are reviewing the various technical
contributions underway in our working groups, particularly
with respect to in-progress efforts for the draft X3D v3.3
specification.

As you likely recall from our Web3D Consortium member agreement
and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy, members are
required to predeclare any patents or patented technologies
that are being considered for the X3D specification.  There
is a corresponding requirement that all contributed technologies
become available under royalty-free terms when used with X3D.

http://www.web3d.org/membership/join
    1. Process Summary and Guidelines
    2. Membership Agreement which includes Intellectual Property
	Rights Policy (attachment A) and By-Laws (attachment B).
    3. Policy on Intellectual Property Rights

Please confirm whether you or your company have any IPR requirements
relevant to your technical contributions to X3D.  Replies can be
communicated to the full membership or privately to Leonard Daly and I.

p.s. X3D v3.3 technical progress is maintained on our member wiki at
http://www.web3d.org/membership/login/memberwiki/index.php/X3D_v3.3_Specification_Changes

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman