[Korea-chapter] [X3D] Korea Chapter Meeting, March 29th, 5:10pm PDT (March 30th, 9:10am Korea)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Mar 29 18:24:56 PDT 2010

Attendees:  Anita Havele, Dick Puk, Myeong Won Lee, Yong Sang Cho,
Kwan Hee Yoo, Don Brutzman.  Our teleconference ran 1715-1825.

Myeong Won Lee wrote:
> The agenda items are as follows:
>
> 1. Web3D Standardization Meeting at SIGGRAPH 2010
>
> If it is possible to hold this meeting at SIGGRAPH 2010, then we would
> like to discuss the progress of the proposals submitted to WGs
> concerning the following items:
>
>   1) X3D WG
>
>          - Physical units
>
>          - Projective Texture Mapping
>
>          - X3D Mixed Reality Function
>
>   2) H-Anim WG
>
>          - H-Anim Motion Data Definition
>
>   3) X3D Mobile WG
>
>          - X3D Mobile Function
>
>   4) e-Learning WG
>
>          - Standardization Topics
>
>          - WG charter and [iaison cooperation

We agreed that there will be a 3-hour meeting Thursday 29 July 3-6 pm
to cover all 4 of these topics.  It will be a member meeting but open
to the public for interested visitors.

> 2. A new WG proposal: e-Learning WG
>

> According to Dr. Yong-Sang Cho, the CEO of IMS is Dr. Rob Abel and is
> the contact person for the MOU between the Web3D Consortium and IMS. Dr.
> Yong-Sang Cho plans to meet with him at IMS Learning Impact 2010,
> California. Dr. Yong-Sang Cho thinks they can cooperate on several items
> with IMS Accessibility for X3D e-Book.
>

> We suggest the standardization items be as follows:
>

>    1) X3D e-Book Framework
>
>             - design of X3D e-Book framework
>
>             - XML and X3D based e-Book
>
>    2) X3D e-Book Accesibility
>
>    3) X3D e-Book UI
>
>             - development of an X3D e-Book UI
>
>             - design of UI components
>
>    4) Mobile X3D e-Book
>
>             - expand the function of the X3D Interactive Profile

We agreed to discuss and hopefully pursue all of the items listed.
We will also explore the possibility of a liaison agreement
between our organizations.

There will be a 4-day meeting in Long Beach 17-20 May at the
IMS Learning Impact 2010 http://www.imsglobal.org/learningimpact2010

We hope to set up a new working group meeting on Friday 21 May
in Long Beach to investigate these possibilities.  Leonard Daly,
might you attend?  Can anyone else attend?

> 3. Progress of new proposals
>
>     1) Units proposal (Myeong Won Lee)
>
> Concerning Alan's comment, it is better not to implement automatic
> scaling according to units specification for each X3D file (as mentioned
> in my previous post). However, it is valuable to show scaling
> differences in the case where several X3D files with different units are
> combined into a scene. The Unit Browser has been implemented with these
> functions.

Alan Hudson had important questions posted last week regarding Prototype
handling, these need to be discussed in more detail.  We agreed that
defining and building an example scene or two that illustrated the issues
will be the best path forward.

>     2) Projective texture mapping (Kwan-Hee Yoo)
>
>     3) Mixed reality visualization (Gun Lee)
>
>     4) CAD translation to X3D (Pranveer Singh Rathore and Soonhung Han)
>
>     5) H-Anim motion data definition (Myeong Won Lee)
>
>     6) Mobile X3D functions (Myeong Won Lee)
>
>     7) Geometric medical data (Kwan Hee Yoo)
>
>     8) X3D Digital Textbook (Kwan Hee Yoo)

We did not discuss any of these proposals in detail.

> 4. Next Korean chapter meeting

We will meet

	 April 19, Monday, at 5:10pm PDT
	(April 20, Tuesday, at 9:10pm Korea time)

thanks everyone

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman