[Korea-chapter] X3D CAD working group restart

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Sep 8 09:44:50 PDT 2010

Next Tuesday 8 pacific 11 eastern 5/6 pm Europe we will have a
restart of our CAD working group.  We will update the wiki and
begin crafting a refreshed charter.  Agenda items include

- Review of many valuable assets
	- report to ISO STEP committee regarding X3D CAD capabilities
	- draft X3D CAD Component specification prose (10 April 2009)
	- sample implementations:  Xj3D, maybe others?
	- example X3D scenes:  got any?
	- parametric history conversion of diverse CAD formats
	- other exporters and translators (e.g. Okino)

Reviewing and refreshing group goals
	- Wiki and website
	- Charter
	- Participants and moderators
	- Delivering an updated X3D CAD Component for X3D v3.3

Planning, meetings, outreach
	- Teleconferences
	- External liaisons:  ISO,Khronos/Collada, W3C

Anything else?  Questions and answers are welcome.  Thanks for
your patience and perseverance as we

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman