[Korea-chapter] [X3D]Web3D Korea Chapter Meeting, September 15, 5:10pm (September 16, 9:10am, Korea)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Sep 15 19:05:16 PDT 2010

Attendees:  Myeong Won Lee, Gun Lee, Anita Havele, Dick Puk, Don Brutzman

On 9/15/2010 4:59 PM, Myeong Won Lee wrote:
> The agenda items updated are as follows:
>
> 1. AR workshop, KAIST, Seoul Korea, October 11-12
>
> Details regarding this event are found on this page:
>
> http://www.perey.com/ARStandardsMeeting.html
>
> Damon Hernandez will talk about this.

Unfortunately we missed Damon.

Gun Lee hopes to attend for one of the days.  Myeong Won will ask if
other members of Korea Chapter will attend - there are several at KAIST
already.

The workshop submission deadline has been extended, and the
organizers are willing to be flexible.  It would be great if
other paper/presentation submissions might be made.

> 2. 3D Environmental Information System Workshop, COEX Convention Center, Seoul, Korea,
> December 14, Tuesday, at 9:30 - 12:30 am, 2010
>
> - Call for participation

There will be a series of presentations (and perhaps some
short point papers) for the workshop.  Hoping for 20+ people.

Myeong Won is working on the call for participation.  Attendance
will be open to anyone wishing to participate.  We plan to review
a first draft during the next call.

> 3. Web3D Seoul meeting, Seoul, Korea, COEX Convention Center, Seoul, Korea,
> December 14, Tuesday, at 2:00 - 5:00 pm, 2010

This is the Web3D Korea Chapter meeting.

Dick, Anita and I are eagerly planning to attend these important meetings!  :)

> 4. Web3D Editing Meeting, COEX Convention Center, Seoul, Korea,
> December 15, Wednesday, 2010

Dick and I are also planning to attend this important meeting.

We plan on working on formal specification prose for all of the
Korea Chapter proposals during this day-long meeting.  If time
permits we will also work on X3D Schema, DTD and examples.

> 5. Web3D Booth Participation (tentative)
> - Web3D Korea Chapter Brochure
> Call for Participation in Web3D Standardization and Products

If we proceed, there will be four exhibition passes available for
Korea Chapter members.  There are many conference activities that
we hope to pursue together there.

Anita is hoping to get sufficient commitment from several Web3D
partners to support this outreach effort.  The cost is rather
inexpensive, we have partial commitments already.  Last year
at SIGGRAPH ASIA, Khronos members had a booth with multiple pods
that got excellent exposure.

Please contact Anita if you are interested in participating in a
SIGGRAPH ASIA booth.
http://www.siggraph.org/asia2010

We discussed a variety of outreach issues including messaging
in different languages: Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc.

> 6. New work items proposals update
>
> 1) Units specification (Myeong Won Lee)
>
> - Real length definition for a UNIT statement
>
> 2) Projective texture mapping (Kwan-Hee Yoo)
> 3) Mixed reality visualization (Gun Lee)
> 4) CAD translation to X3D (Pranveer Singh Rathore and Soonhung Han)
> 5) H-Anim motion data definition (Myeong Won Lee)
> 6) Mobile X3D functions (Myeong Won Lee)
> 7) Geometric medical data (Kwan Hee Yoo)
> 8) X3D Digital Textbook (Kwan Hee Yoo)

We discussed these very briefly.

> 7. Scheduling the next Korean chapter meeting
> [...]

We will meet to discuss both E-Learning Special Interest Group and
Korea Chapter topics:

October 13, Wednesday, at 5:10pm PDT (October 14, Thursday, at 9:10am Korea time)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman