[Korea-chapter] SIGGRAPH Asia Thank You

Anita Havele anita.havele at web3d.org
Sun Jan 9 19:04:55 PST 2011

Thank you for all your contribution to make our first Web3D Korea Chapter
meeting a very successful event.

I apologize for the delayed thank you note. I had injured my shoulder and
unable to move my right arm for almost 3 weeks.

On behalf of the Web3D Consortium board, Don and Dick,  I would like to
thank each one of you for making our visit a memorable one, not only from
X3D's prospective but also for giving us the opportunity to experience your
culture and country.  Thank you for a very warm reception and the great
dinners and lunches hosted by KAIST and KSA. The Korean barbecue was
certainly a memorable one. Most of all thank you for the surprise birthday
cake. I thought I would have a quite birthday but you all made is very
special. I have visited many countries and I have to say you are the most
hospitable, modest and efficient people I have met.

Myeong Won the success for the Web3D Korea Chapter meeting was only
achievable because of your dedicated efforts, leadership and inspiration in
the promotion of X3D. We thank you for your allegiance to X3D and the Web3D
consortium and most of all the success of the Web3D Korea chapter. The Korea
chapter members have made significant contributions to X3D in many areas
especially mixed/augmented reality, e-learning, CAD and H-Anim.  The meeting
was a testimonial to your efforts. The presentations gave us a synopsis of
the impressive work done to evolve X3D.  Our monthly conference calls don't
really give us the depth of the work done by your group. There is more to be
done to keep this momentum going and move this development forward
especially in CAD, AR and E-learning. With the participation of Chapter
members in leadership roles in the new AR and e-learning working groups we
hope to evolve X3D into a well adopted standard for 3D on the Web.  In the
coming weeks we will be defining our charter, goals and deliverables for
these new working groups and hope to help the Web3D Korea Chapter engaged in
the Web3D Consortium.

Thank you to our Tech Talk presenters. I was surprised at the number of
attendees and the interest even though our session was the first one,
immediately after the show floor opened.

I would also like to thank Hyokwang Lee, Hyun Sik Moon and Jong Hyun Park
for your assistance at the booth. We would not be able to engage with the
exhibit attendees without our Korean presence in the booth.   Your help with
my injured shoulder was very touching. I should have taken care of it while
in Korea. I neglected it for too long and ended up with a shoulder rotator
tear.

The Fraunhofer team (Adrian and Gesline) thank you for partnering with us at
the booth. The AR demos sparked a lot of interest amongst the attendees.  We
hope your group will be involved in the Web3D AR working group.

Again, thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to reciprocate your
hospitality the next time you visit us, hopefully at SIGGRAPH 2011.

Best regards,

Anita

---

Anita Havele