[Korea-chapter] Web3D e-Learning SIG Agenda (10-13-2011); Korean font problem details

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Oct 12 19:36:59 PDT 2011

Thank you for sending your example Text file Kwan Hee Yoo
and for providing permission to send it to the mail list.

I have attached the file and images as a zip.

X3D-Edit revealed the following problems, all fixed:

- <box/> on line 12 is illegal, removed

- Transitional DTD is no longer recommended since it is not portable
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dSceneAuthoringHints.html#SchemaDTD

- Schema errors found:
> Checking file:/C:/Users/Brutzman/Desktop/X3D/text72p3dtest-corrected1.x3d...
> Referenced entity at "nbres:/org/web3d/x3d/externals/schemas/x3d-3.2-Web3dExtensionsPrivate.xsd".
> cvc-pattern-valid: Value '-0.5 3.55 0-1' is not facet-valid with respect to pattern for type 'SFVec3f'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value '-0.5 3.55 0-1' of attribute 'translation' on element 'Transform' is not valid with respect to its type, 'SFVec3f'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value '-3.0 -3.5 0-1' of attribute 'translation' on element 'Transform' is not valid with respect to its type, 'SFVec3f'.
> cvc-id.2: There are multiple occurrences of ID value 'image'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value 'image' of attribute 'DEF' on element 'ImageTexture' is not valid with respect to its type, 'ID'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value '-3.1 2.8 0-1' of attribute 'translation' on element 'Transform' is not valid with respect to its type, 'SFVec3f'.
> cvc-id.2: There are multiple occurrences of ID value 'image'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value 'image' of attribute 'DEF' on element 'ImageTexture' is not valid with respect to its type, 'ID'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value '-2.6 2.8 0-1' of attribute 'translation' on element 'Transform' is not valid with respect to its type, 'SFVec3f'.
> cvc-id.2: There are multiple occurrences of ID value 'image'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value 'image' of attribute 'DEF' on element 'ImageTexture' is not valid with respect to its type, 'ID'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value '-2.6 -0.5 0-1' of attribute 'translation' on element 'Transform' is not valid with respect to its type, 'SFVec3f'.
> cvc-id.2: There are multiple occurrences of ID value 'image'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value 'image' of attribute 'DEF' on element 'ImageTexture' is not valid with respect to its type, 'ID'.
> cvc-attribute.3: The value '-2 2.8 0-1' of attribute 'translation' on element 'Transform' is not valid with respect to its type, 'SFVec3f'.
> Too many errors, stopping further checking.

- I changed the repeated illegal construct 0-1 to -1, is that correct?

- Multiple occurrences of  DEF='image' are illegal since each DEF
value must be unique.  Removed.

- There is only one kind of <!-- legal XML comment -->
so the stray comment //동영상 which appeared on line 131 was changed to
<!-- 동영상 -->

- similarly on original line 110, //1번 사람 이미지 mpeg 영상 파일

- now all validation errors (from X3D-Edit check-mark button) are cleared

- cleaned up using Canonicalization (C14N) to make source more readable

improved version attached.

BS Contact did not render the Korean characters for me, probably
because I don't have Korean fonts installed on my system.  Many
browsers depend on system fonts because they can be large to
download.

Similar rendering results for InstantReality.

Interestingly I can see all of the Hangul factors fine in the
X3D-Edit source editor pane

I hope you agree that several practices are general and important here:
- valid X3D
- choice of Text and Font default values

Please let me know if this helps, and if you are still able to render
the result with your system.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman