[Korea-chapter] [H-anim] H-Anim WG meeting, April 4th, 5:30pm PDT (April 5th, 9:30am KST)

William O Glascoe wglascoe at csc.com
Mon Apr 9 21:36:37 PDT 2012

Myeong,

My purpose in speaking as long as I did was the following:

1. I sense the production, ownership and usage of 3D-body scanning for the
consumer (and service provider) to increase drastically this decade (000s
units sold per month and up to 1 scan per day)
2. I sense H-Anim needs to be the standard of choice for use in the
software bundled with these devices if not part of the leading add-on
(helper apps) for useers with 00s if not 000s of scans to manage.
3. I sense H-Anim needs to establish deep and lasting relationships with
the ... human pipeline defined by the innovations, disciplines and
communities for Digital Human Modeling and Human Simulation to mature or
extend H-Anim at the pace of these communities' developments so their
outputs have a standard for animation
4. I believe the H-Anim design description needs to document the salient
discussion of how it chose what to leave out as much if not more than what
it chose to include in the context of complementary hardware and software
technologies with dominant market share and likely market disruptors
emerging at the end of the 2-yr  ISO standardization for the H-Anim next
update.

Regards,

William O. Glascoe III, PMP
Project Manager Consultant