[Korea-chapter] Minutes - Teleconference meeting on AR WG

Gun A. Lee endovert at postech.ac.kr
Wed Apr 25 09:08:24 PDT 2012

Below is the minutes of today's AR WG teleconference meeting.

Thanks,
Gun

Apr 25 (Wed) EU 15:00-16:00 / US Pacific 06:00-07:00 / KR 22:00-23:00
Attendees: Yvonne Jung, Gun Lee, Anita Havele, Richard Puk, Myeongwon Lee, Don Brutzman, Christine Perey (AR standards community group), George Percivall (OGC)

1. Introduction
- Attendees

2. Cooperation on AR standardization in ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 WG9
- Christine Perey gave overview of activities in the AR standards community group.
The group has been working on developing standard reference model and definition of terms, which inlines with recent efforts taken in ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 WG9.
The group is looking for an editor that could take leadership on developing standardization documents and take the effort in more formal and structured way. The group is suggesting for fund raising to support this activity.

- George Percivall emphasized on cooperative development of standards between standard organization.

- Richard Puk gave overview of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 Plenary meetings coming up in August at Brussels, Belgium.
Participation in ISO meetings are basically through national bodies, and other standardization groups under liaison.
OGC had been holding liaison with SC24, and could act as a channel for AR standards community group participating in WG9 activities.

- Myeongwon Lee gave updates on recent activities in WG9, preparing for three new work items: AR reference models on architecture, sensors, and real characters. The items are planned to be discussed at the upcoming SC24 plenary meetings.

- Gun Lee added that WG9 is also taking efforts to get Trak Mark research group involved, to standardize benchmark method for computer vision based AR tracking solutions.

=> WG9 is open and looking forward to have more participations from various standardization and research groups. The SC24 plenary meetings coming up in August is expected to be a stepping stone to bring these efforts to the next level.

3. Review changes in the comparison document
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Comparison_of_X3D_AR_Proposals
- In the summary table (section 10), made it clearer that KC2's VisibilitySensor and RangeSensor deal higher level events rather than raw tracking values
=> WG members are asked to review the changes and discuss further through e-mails.
=> Further change to the document should be requested until the next meeting, otherwise the document will be completed.

4. Plans for Merging X3D AR Proposals
http://web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Plans_for_Merging_X3D_AR_Proposals
- Review and discuss on collected design guidelines
- Discuss on procedure of merging proposals
=> WG members are asked to review the guidelines and discuss further through e-mails until the next meeting

5. Next meeting schedule
May 16 (Wed)
EU           US Pacific   KR            NZ
10:30       01:30       17:30       20:30
=> To be updated through mailing list, if needed.