[Korea-chapter] [X3D] Korea Chapter Meeting, minutes

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Nov 28 18:09:14 PST 2012

Attendees:  Myeong Won Lee, Kwan Hee Yoo (disconnected), Dick Puk, Anita Havele, Don Brutzman

On 11/27/2012 8:21 PM, "Myeong Won Lee" wrote:
> The Korea Chapter meeting will be held with agenda items as follows:
>
> 1. Web3D and SC24 WG9 Meetings
>
> Date: January 29 - 31
> Place: Seoul Palace Hotel
>
> The meetings will be held as follows:
>
> January 29 (Tuesday) AM/PM: Web3D Meeting
> January 30 (Wednesday) AM: Web3D Editing Meeting
> January 30 (Wednesday) PM: SC24 WG9 Meeting
> January 31 (Thursday) AM/PM: SC24 WG9 Editing Meeting

We discussed some possible improvements to an excellent schedule.

Hyo will contact Marc Petit to find a good time for a CAD teleconference Korea - France while I am there.

We asked Kwan Hee Yoo if a joint meeting/teleconference with IMS Learning Consortium to discuss commencement of our joint work.

We also request that Kwan Hee You provide a copy of the final MOU by IMS-Web3D to put on our website.

> The logistics and registration form for the meetings are attached.
> On the first day, several proposals will be presented and discussed.
> There are some updated proposals, and new proposals may also be included.
> On the second day, ongoing working drafts will be reviewed and edited.
>
> Below are informal meetings(tentative) with free discussion (suggestion):
>
> January 25 (Friday) at 10am KST (24th at 5pm PST): H-Anim WG meeting (offline+online)
> January 25 (Friday) at 1pm KST(24th at 8pm PST): Web3D AR meeting (offline+online)
>
> 2. X3D epub examples
>
> - Consideration of the development of X3D e-book and X3D epub examples

We would like to include production of X3D/HTML Presentations as well.

Unfortunately Kwan Hee Yoo was disconnected.  We will try again tomorrow.
November 28th, 5:00pm PST (November 29th, 10:00am KST)

I hope to review our wiki page and update the charter.
http://web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_and_E-Learning

> 3. Scheduling December meetings
>
> December teleconferences will be held as follows:
>
> (1st Wed) December 5th at 5:00pm PST (6th, 10:00am KST): H-Anim WG
> (2nd Wed) December 12th at 5:00pm PST (13th, 10:00am KST): CAD WG

This might need to be 1-2 days earlier due to planned travel.  Hyo will coordinate and announce the new date.

> (3rd Wed) December 19th at 5:00pm PST (20th, 10:00am KST): AR WG
> (4th Wed) Skip
>
> As these December teleconferences are at holiday time, please double-check the appropriateness of the schedule.

We also discussed the possibilities of whether Korea Chapter would be interested in hosting Web3D 2014 in Korea.  There are numerous excellent opportunities that are possible.

The Web3D 2013 Conference site is now available.  Dr. Byounghyun Yoo is now active on the program committee and can answer questions about contributing papers and participating in the technical program.
	http://web3d2013.web3d.org
	June 20-22, 2013
	San Sebastian, Spain

Thank you very much for another excellent teleconference.