[Korea-chapter] [X3D] Fwd: Jan 2013 H-Anim Teleconference minutes

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 05:47:42 PST 2013

Thank You Myeong and William.
I appreciate working together with you and All on these topics.

For h-anim skin to joint bindings for deformable skin, please see:

http://www.hypermultimedia.com/x3d/hanim/JoeH-AnimKick1a.x3dv
http://www.hypermultimedia.com/x3d/hanim/JoeH-AnimKick1a.txt

I think this example makes good reading because it clearly shows:
* h-anim skeleton hierarchy,
* joint to skin vertex animation bindings,
* an example skin drawn in skeleton space made up of mostly of
currently specified site and feature points, and
* some simple keyframe interpolator animations that move the
character, individual joints, and show deformable skin operation.

This model produces humanoid motion as expected in that
(1) translation and rotation of the humanoid root node moves the
entire character, and,
(2) for instance, translation and rotation of the parent shoulder
joint produces expected movement of the child arm, hand joints, and
segments.

With added geometry to segment bindings please look at:
http://www.hypermultimedia.com/x3d/hanim/CombinedExample.zip
please unzip and run the file named :
JoeSkin4MGSkinDBonesRun3EX.x3dv

Center character combines the concepts of
(1) a skin mesh drawn in skeleton space bound to joints and
(2) individual shapes bound to segments.
Other .x3d files in that set will run fine alone but please turn on
headlight.

Thanks Again for the opportunity to contribute.
Best Regards,
Joe