[Korea-chapter] [X3D][h-anim]_H-Anim WG meeting, July 21, 4:00pm PDT (SIGGRAPH and Web conference)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 22 10:27:06 PDT 2013

Hi Myeong,

Thank you for conducting an interesting and productive Web3D X3D
Humanoid Animation meeting. I think the questions we are asking are
the best ones - how to help define a realistic World standard Humanoid
model, so that interested people can study and learn international
best practices for producing a realistic interactive model that is
transportable between standardized and experimental environments.

All of the three presentations and ISO proposal materials are much
improved, better developed, and much better aligned with X3D standards
and goals than ever before. Thanks to All.
All the current work will make our X3D humanoid more accessible and
usefull in other areas of X3D and our WWW.

With this interest, I am hoping that Don and I can continue our Monday
5pm pacific phone meetings, (all are invited) and also to increase the
frequency of our usual HAnim meetings chaired by you and William.
Please let me suggest that we should meet more often in order to make
progress on
(1) import/export animation data types,
(2) defined fps video capture,
(3) detailed 'standard' facial/hands/feet animations, and
(4) skeleton hands/feet detail improvements.
Please specifically invite Jung-Ju Choi and Kwan-Hee Yoo, and
yourself, to dedicate a meeting to each paper so we can discuss
details of related X3D and work we can perform to bring these
proposals into the specification. In the meantime, Don and I can
continue our background work to follow-up with public demonstrations
of the existing World Standard X3D HAnim character.

Thanks Again and Best Regards,
Joe