[Korea-chapter] [h-anim]_H-Anim WG meeting, June 5th, 5:00pm PDT (6th, 9:00am KST)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 6 11:32:59 PDT 2013

Hi All,
One additional suggestion on the goals, though maybe too detailed.
Whenever we mention processing captured data for application to the
X3D HAnim Humanoid, please add something like "blending motions from
different sources" to indicate we are aware that a desired net motion
may be the result of several input parameters for motions and forces.

A simple use case is moving from independent Walk to Run animations
and we wish for a smooth transition between the different animations
in a realistric style. Typical is the sudden unsychronized motion due
to the immediate transition between the stored routines we see in
Nancy examples in the X3D HAnim example archives and others at:

http://www.hypermultimedia.com/x3d/hanim/JoeSkin4EXSPYRWRJK.x3dv

http://www.hypermultimedia.com/x3d/hanim/JoeSkin4EXSPYRWRJK.txt

This represents a Level1 skeleton (no skeleton geometry) with Level2
skin.

where S=Stand,
  in Spec HAnim initial (default) pose before animation
  (except head is looking around);
P=major joints Pitch motion;
Y=major joints Yaw motion;
R=major joints Roll motion;
W=Walk motion derived from Nancy;
R=Run motion derived from Nancy;
J=Jump motion derived from Nancy;
K=Kick motion.

Please note the coordinate axis symbol in the head (actually child of
skullbase) represents the default skeleton orientation for all joints
prior to animation.

When we get the next pass on HAnim level1 skeleton example with
illustrated Annex A Joint, Segment, and Site dimensions I wlll plug it
into these animations without changing a line of user code in the
skeleton as a simple test.

Anyway, this point of 'blending motions' is that the actual desired
motion of the Humanoid may be the result of several inputs maybe with
each independent of the others, maybe forward and reverse dynamics.
This might be compared with multitexturing where the result is some
certain blend algorithms using multiple independent textures. It has
been shown, I think, that an author wants to be able to select,
weight, blend, etc., to declare 'motion blending' effects to produce
realistic motions, in order to sustain the abandonment of disbelief.
Thanks Again and Best Regards,
Joe
http://www.hypermultimedia.com/acontents.htm#X3DHANIM