[Korea-chapter] [h-anim] H-Anim WG meeting, March 17th, 5:00pm PDT (18th, 9:00am KST)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 18 08:34:22 PDT 2013

> These last two can ultimately affect the human model, but then it
> would be necessary to provide an interface for the information.

Right, to fully cover the specific domaiin of standards-track
interactive medical data it will necessary to define best practice
names and functions for interfaces.
This can be experimented with now using X3D metadata nodes and fields
and prototyped data processing and behaviors.

* Use medical and industrial 'standards'

Please excuse my attempting to divide Medical and Industrial
standards. I am trying but not successfully to separate "Medical"
which may be more of a reactive data base to "Industrial" which is
motion and interaction and more dynamic data base. See, I really can't
divide it up. That may be why the past groups stuck to defining
feature points in realistic commonly recognized medical terms then
used basic scientific data to establish locations for the feature. As
we see from entertainment-oriented h-anim applications, the data base
needs to be more dense, especially in high resolution animation.

All current X3D Medical components will fit right into our current X3D
Humanoid spacetime. Given we realize that native h-anim spacetime is
composed of the same set of real xyz locations and temporal
interactons of 'standard' reference feature points as an actual
typical human subject, there is no problem fitting any realistic human
data structures into the World Standard interactive parametric data
repository named X3D H-Anim. X3D H-Anim WG needs to refine and extend
the 'standard' interfaces.

Current X3D H-Anim is composed mainly from the 'medical' frame where
'official' names and 'typical' locations are used to define the
humanoid feature points. The only problem is that the density of the
internal and external feature points and their characteristics is not
sufficient to represent open best practice medical or industrial
simulations.

Thank You and Best Regards,
Joe