[Korea-chapter] [web3d-announce] [Announcement] The Keys to an Open, Interoperable Metaverse - Web3D Consortium's Position Paper

Web3D Announcement announcements at web3d.org
Mon Jun 13 13:10:19 PDT 2022

The term ‘Metaverse’ has taken on a new sparkle recently, appearing
prominently in the marketing materials of a number of large technology
companies. Indeed, many have attempted, or are attempting, to co-opt it
for their own purposes, which has resulted in a great deal of confusion
among producers and consumers in the marketplace. With this short
position paper, the Web3D Consortium seeks to address this confusion by
exploring the history of the ‘Metaverse’ that has led us to our current
state, providing a workable definition of the term ‘Metaverse’, and
providing a vision for its sustainable, cooperative construction into
the future. We believe that all the technologies are in place to fulfill
the vision of an open, equitable, and ubiquitous information space. What
remains are the key issues that have kept the Metaverse from manifesting
the last two decades:user experienceandcorporate cooperation.

Read more:https://www.web3d.org/blog/anitahavele/keys-open-interoperable-metaverse

Join us  <http://www.web3d.org/join>as members of the Web3D Consortium are working to provide a technology
that will provide for the interoperability between interactive 3D worlds
to enable an open, unified Metaverse. Using Web3D and W3C standards, we
can enable users to be represented in one Metaverse and move seamlessly
in and out of others.

Web3D News and Events  <https://www.web3d.org/news-events>

--
Best regards,