[semantics-public] interpreter -> compiler -> Humanoid Animation

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:19:45 PDT 2020

•step up on stump•
I think what I was proposing was NSM for a semantic language of X3D.   I
don’t think I made that clear.   Again, movies, symbols and shapes; what
languages or mishmashes can handle all of them without a serious amount of
work?   No, I don’t want to go backwards like the web did.   Now that the
web has begun to catch up, what can we do with it?   What steps can we take
to improve it?

My goal here is to integrate vector, character and raster, among other
things, or at least raise awareness.   PostScript/PDF has done it.   3D
graphics has not typically supported text as a first class citizen, and the
web and NSM have not typically supported 3D graphics as a first class
citizen.   I don’t want to see further “mistakes” like that.   I want to
lower barriers, not raise them.

I believe that one of the things Bruce Garner, Nik Mitschkowitz, Don
Vickers and Carolyn Wimple were working on was the integration of STEP and
CGM with SGML.   I do not know why that was not made widespread.   Perhaps
there was competition with HP and Adobe?   I am sorry I was not more clued
into their project.   I understand now!

NSM has more history than OWL/RDF/Turtle and should be considered!

John