[Source] X3D and Musical Instruments + MIDI sequencer?

Dan Garland dan at dangarland.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 16:49:11 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm usually e-mailing the list with questions, so I thought I'd e-mail
in some good news for a change!

I've been working on a X3D project here and there for the last few
months, the odd day or weekend. It developed a virtual reality model of
a musical instrument, devised by a PhD student in Japan, but which would
prove too expensive to build. Instead, I created a model which made
extensive use of TouchSensors and prototypes.

Currently, the model is doing most of what I want it to do, with the
exception of restarting the audio and optimising it so that it can be
deployed as an applet.

I wrote down some key points of how it was put together, if any of you
seasoned pros have any comments or suggestions on how I can improve this
model please leave a comment on my blog:

http://www.dangarland.co.uk/2009/04/08/conic-bellophone-in-x3d-part-two/

Thanks again for those who've responded to my questions. As a newbie X3D
developer, even with a computer science degree I've found Xj3D
difficult; rather like trying to eat spaghetti whilst wearing boxing
gloves.

P.S. has anyone had any experience writing a MIDI sequencer with X3D?

Best regards,

--

Dan Garland
http://www.dangarland.co.uk