[Source] Xj3D bug fix spree

Justin Couch justin at vlc.com.au
Fri Aug 7 19:28:12 PDT 2009

I'm at our annual Fix Xj3D Bugs time again, otherwise known as the
Siggraph conference. I've had a productive week away from the office and
getting harangued by all the programmers. In many ways, Yumetech is
evolving beyond Xj3D such that almost everything always works for what
we need it to do and so spend much more effort on higher or lower level
taskss, such as ChefX3D or Aviatrix3D.

This week I have killed quite a few bugs - many of them longstanding
(some dating back to 2005 :( ). The result is that our scripting is much
more robust. We had a series of problems related to scripts and the use
of getNamedNode - ie node references that were not declared in the
script interface. I'm pretty sure the heavy duty Mortein applied there
has done the trick and we should be bug free in that regard.

Here's the list of bugs I've fixed this week:

152
157
233
333
359
370
376
389
392
398
416
417
420
434
477
479
499
532
540
572
587

Depending on how the plane flights go tomorrow, I may knock a couple
more over too. The ones on my radar right now are the createURL crashes.

Not sure when the next dev release is. We've got several large deadlines
for commercial projects coming up in the next couple of weeks, so cycles
to get a dev on to it will be minimal.

--
Justin