[Source] Player support and bunk links

Alan Hudson giles at yumetech.com
Wed Oct 7 15:58:34 PDT 2009

Nicholas F. Polys wrote:
> I am getting frustrated that everyone iun the world thinks that Xj3D is
> version 1.0
>
> Can we please update this???
>
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/xj3d/
> as well as
>
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Player_support_for_X3D_components
>

> This came up because I am trying to determine NURBS support in Xj3D
> ??

Part of the problem is we are officially 1.0  We have not had the time
to do the official 2.0 release and update all the documentation for it.
  I think the current dev release of Xj3D is better then the 1.0 version
by a long shot.  But officially the project has not released the 2.0
version.  We'd like to, but it will be at least another month before we
get out from under deadline pressure to do it.  I'd support linking to
the 2.0 dev releases but I can't update player support pages currently.

--
Alan Hudson

President Yumetech, Inc.                               www.yumetech.com
President Web3D Consortium                             www.web3d.org
206 340 8900 ext 122

Open Source CAN be free, as in "free puppy"