[Source] blocker bug: exception for unsupport GL

Alan Hudson giles at yumetech.com
Wed Feb 10 14:59:22 PST 2010

Don Brutzman wrote:
> Various versions of Xj3D won't run on my vista box, apparently
> due to an ATI render bug that locks up the application.
> it looks like Aviatrix is throwing an exception on unsupported
> OpenGL feature(s) and then blocking.
>
> We think this problem might have been fixed in an earlier version
> of Xj3D's aviatrix renderer, but it is definitely a problem now.
>
> for the current release version of Xj3D, there is a console warning
> but no lockup.
>
> System.out: Exception in thread "AV3D Runtime" System.out:
> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle
> java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key
> org.j3d.aviatrix3d.BlendAttributes.noImgSubsetMsg

I checked and this message is in src/config/i18n/xj3dResources.properties

so I suspect the issue is this properties file is not being resolved for
  you.

make sure you have done a make config in your build distribution.
check that in your classes directory you have a
config/i18n/xj3dResources.properties

Looks like it wasn't being included in the xj3d-config jar so I've added
it there.  This will likely resolve the issue for you.  In cvs now.

All of our terminal programs have their own i18n resource mapping so we
haven't run into this ourself yet.  Try it out and see if it works for
you.  If not then you'll need to chase down why the properties is not
getting loaded.

--
Alan Hudson

President Yumetech, Inc.                               www.yumetech.com
President Web3D Consortium                             www.web3d.org
206 340 8900 ext 111

Open Source CAN be free, as in "free puppy"