[Source] [X3D] command line conversions?

Russell Dodds russell at yumetech.com
Wed Sep 1 13:44:33 PDT 2010

  On 9/1/2010 1:22 PM, Nicholas F. Polys wrote:
> Hi all~
>
> I am trying to understand what conversion support is in
> Xj3D/X3DEdit and InstantPLayer aopt...
>
> specifically a 'scriptable' pipeline or batching for collada to x3d
> conversion...
>

> Does Anyone know what is possible in any current tools?
>
> thanks in advance,

Xj3D supports converting from collada to X3D.  Unfortunately we don't
have much in the way of documentation on the process.  The base
installation of Xj3D has a converter.sh script you can use.  It
basically calls the CDFFilter application (which is in /apps/cadfilter/).

Basic Example:

xj3d.filter.CDFFilter Identity input.dae output.x3d

--
Russell Dodds
206.340.8900 ext 118