[Source] troubleshooting Xj3D trunk build.xml, won't compile

Alan Hudson alan at shapeways.com
Thu Dec 8 07:57:29 PST 2011

On 12/7/2011 7:14 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> On 12/7/2011 9:07 AM, Norbraten, Terry (CIV) wrote:
>> The NPS branch is not set up to build Alan's version without some work.
>> It's there to keep in line with the trunk for when we (finally) attempt a
>> full merge.
> Understood, sounds good.  The trunk build problems that I reported did not
> have anything to do with our NPS branch, i used the build.xml in the trunk.
>
>> I can supply you with a NB project that will build via the trunk script.
> This sounds like a general need.  Please check in your project so that
> Netbeans users can build the project.  I'll delete my local project,
> update and test operation when you do.
>
> p.s. any idiosyncracies in the netbeans project settings should likely get
> applied to the primary build.   While IDE support is helpful and doesn't
> bother anything else, building the Xj3D trunk should be repeatable as
> checked out from version control.  there shouldn't be any requirement
> for a particular IDE or an undocumented configuration setup.
>
> all the best, Don
Tony and I are not seeing this problem on compile.

I did an ant clean
ant build

with no problems

Terry are you able to replicate what Don is seeing?

The specific error you mention seems like something is missing j3d-org
in its javac jars.  But that should fail everyone then.

--
Alan Hudson, Director 3D Tools
www.shapeways.com