[Source] [X3D] X3D Schema, DTD corrections: Pi/2 bounds were incorrect at 1.5708

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Sep 5 12:56:10 PDT 2011

Wondering, is there an ant utility task written to update the X3D DTDs in Xj3D
or is this frequent task currently handled manually?  I couldn't find one, am
currently trying to test the DTD revisions by copying over to the Xj3D/src/xml/DTD
subdirectory and testing locally.

On 9/5/2011 11:54 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> X3D Schema, DTD update activity:
>
> 5 September 2011, brutzman
> - changed Pi/2 limits from 1.5708 to 1.570796 for improved arithmetic correctness,
>      must not exceed legal value or tools will throw errors for default values
>
> =======================
>
> Also updated X3D Schema and DTD documentation.  Relevant links:
>
> http://www.web3d.org/specifications/contents.html
> http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dDoctypeDocumentation3.2.html
> http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSchemaDocumentation3.2/x3d-3.2.html
> http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-dtd-changelog.txt
> http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-schema-changelog.txt
>
> These and related links are maintained on the X3D Resources page:
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#AuthoringSupport
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Tooltips
>
> X3D tooltips have also been updated.
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Tooltips
>
> Review, comments, questions and improvements are welcome.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman