[Source] annoyance/problem: System.out trapping

Justin Couch justin at vlc.com.au
Tue Aug 21 05:25:35 PDT 2012

On 21/08/2012 3:24 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:

> Sensible.  Am hoping we can make such console trapping a deliberate call
> for applications where it is needed, perhaps even via a startup parameter
> for the batch file invocation.  Otherwise, am hoping that we can omit it
> from other Xj3D usage cases without breaking your important base case.

See the interface Xj3DBrowser, which is an extension of the SAI
ExternalBrowser. There's a method to register an error reporter. When
that is set, the internal console is disabled and all the messages are
sent to the registered observer. You can then pipe it to whatever output
you like.

--
Justin Couch                         http://www.vlc.com.au/justin/
3D Java Graphics Information                    http://www.j3d.org/