[Source] minutes for CAD meeting, 11 JAN 2012: BREP-NURBS, X3D spec, instant reality, Xj3D, examples

Alan Hudson alan at shapeways.com
Mon Jan 16 09:25:48 PST 2012

On 1/15/2012 9:05 PM, Justin Couch wrote:
> Don Brutzman wrote:
>
>> 5.  Wondering who has the source for the figures in the NURBS component?
>> Alan or Justin?  We need them, in X3D or whatever format.  Example image:
>> http://www.web3d.org/files/specifications/19775-1/V3.2/Part01/components/nurbs.html#f-NurbsSwungSurface
no memory of doing this.
> Vince reports that the NURBS code is disabled in the Xj3D branch
> maintained by NPS...  didn't know that.  Alan, Justin, Terry,
> can we turn those back on?  Or at least document bugs?
>
> So long ago, I can't remember why you would have them disabled. May have
> something to do with the rendering kernel package we used. Alan is much
> closer to that than I am these days.

I vaguely remember it didn't get updated for some low level node changes
one pass.  I remember that smoothing was not implemented and a feel
there was some differences between Bit Managements renderer.

I'd add them back into the compile script and see if they compile.

--
Alan Hudson, Director 3D Tools
www.shapeways.com