[Source] Xj3D Development of nurbs component

Alan Hudson alan at shapeways.com
Tue Jul 10 14:29:44 PDT 2012

On 7/10/2012 2:18 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:

>> 3. I replaced the net.jgeom jar file with the source code provided by Christophe Mouton, this later version includes java classes which tesselate NURBS and trimmed NURBS surfaces. I also had to include the vtk (Visualization Toolkit, see http://www.vtk.org/ ) since it is imported into some (currently unused) classes in  the net.jgeom library
>>
>> D lib/jgeom-core.jar
>> A src/java/net
>> A lib/vtk.jar
Please be careful around the jgeom library.  The only headers I've seen
for the project have this license on it:

/*
  * jgeom: Geometry Library fo Java
  *
  * Copyright (C) 2005  Samuel Gerber
  *
  * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
  * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
  * as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
  * of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
  *
  * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  *
  * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
  * Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301, USA.
  */

GPL is not compatible with Xj3D a general purpose toolkit using LGPL.  I
realize the project is really dead but I'd want some proof that jgeom is
licensed in compatible terms.  I also feel like I've seen Apache
licenses on some of those files as well so hopefully I'm wrong about its
licensing.

I got the license from this link(CurveCreator.java):

http://www.koders.com/java/fid651A017084B77D3560179691D57937049B5539D3.aspx

--
Alan Hudson, Director 3D Tools
www.shapeways.com