[Source] win64 joal workaround, need proper joal_native.dll

Alan Hudson alan at shapeways.com
Thu Jun 7 13:59:46 PDT 2012

On 6/7/2012 1:39 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> offline rendering is not finding the windows 64-bit joal.dll in the build
>
> i searched around quite a bit, couldn't find one except a 32-bit one at
> http://download.java.net/media/joal/builds/archive/1.1.1/joal-1.1.1-windows-i586.zip
> dated  03-Jul-2007
>
> looking at it under cygwin confirmed that it is 32-bit:
>
> brutzman at IT153485 /cygdrive/c/Xj3D.nps/natives/x86_64/win
> $ file joal_native.dll
> joal_native.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
>
> but even so, I dropped it into the branch directory
> 	C:\Xj3D.nps\natives\x86_64\win
> this (incorrect) dll at least helped, since it silenced the blocking exception
> which prevented proper operation of the offline renderer.
>
> can somebody find a proper joal_native.dll?
>
> exception (for me, temporarily silenced by this workaround) follows.
best I can joal tell is dead dead.  unlike JOGL that managed to get
switched over properly to 64 bit I don't think JOAL ever did.  I also
seem to remember that having 32 bit joal in a 64 bit machine will really
mess it up.  locally I've just given up on audio and removed it.

--
Alan Hudson, Director 3D Tools
www.shapeways.com