[Source] Xj3DBrowser screen capture

Rex Melton rex.melton at jeospace.net
Sat Jun 9 04:37:56 PDT 2012

On 6/8/2012 8:31 PM, Norbraten, Terry (CIV) wrote:
> Spent some time getting used to the replica app.  I managed to get it work
> using the SceneThubmailImager via the Replica class.
>
> I tried the SceneRecorder, but couldn't get it to work, it hangs.  Perhaps
> I'm not doing something correctly.

As I recall.... And it's been a few years.

The SceneRecorder was done for an application
where a specific structure is expected of the X3D
file. In particular, it expects a TimeSensor with
a known DEF name that will drive an animation.

Not good that it hangs, but I would have expected
some sort of error message to get logged.

> I didn't need any special libs on Mac OS X.
>
> However, I noticed the opposite about the -captureViewpoints.
> captureViewpoints does indeed wait for resources to load via a poll of
> "waitingForLoad and isInitialLoadDone"
>
> I didn't see that in the SceneThubmailImager or any of the sources it
> calls.  I'll look harder.

Also as I recall, most of the replica instances
use the BlockingWorldLoader, which waits till the
continue.