[Source] win64 joal workaround, need proper joal_native.dll

Justin Couch justin at vlc.com.au
Mon Jun 11 01:21:02 PDT 2012

On 8/06/2012 6:59 AM, Alan Hudson wrote:

> best I can joal tell is dead dead. unlike JOGL that managed to get
> switched over properly to 64 bit I don't think JOAL ever did. I also
> seem to remember that having 32 bit joal in a 64 bit machine will really
> mess it up. locally I've just given up on audio and removed it.

Pretty much. The state of multimedia support in java is atrocious. Since
the audio rendering is handled by AV3D, if anyone has some suggestions
of alternative APIs to use, I'm all for it. Let me know and I'll get it
working ASAP.

--
Justin Couch                         http://www.vlc.com.au/justin/
3D Java Graphics Information                    http://www.j3d.org/