[Source] win64 joal workaround, need proper joal_native.dll

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jun 11 22:32:50 PDT 2012

On 6/10/2012 6:07 PM, Norbraten, Terry (CIV) wrote:
> Here's an interesting argument to invoke to bypass sound:
>
> -disableAudio
>
> Don, try that and see if the JOAL exception is quelled

aha, looks like that did it!  that is a huge impact for me.
i will work on autogenerating the other archive viewpoint images.
many thanks Terry.

> On 6/7/12 1:59 PM, "Alan Hudson"<alan at shapeways.com>  wrote:
>
>> best I can joal tell is dead dead.  unlike JOGL that managed to get
>> switched over properly to 64 bit I don't think JOAL ever did.  I also
>> seem to remember that having 32 bit joal in a 64 bit machine will really
>> mess it up.  locally I've just given up on audio and removed it.

wondering if we could selectively turn it off, maybe issue a warning if
joal is attempted on a non-supported operating systems?  i'd imagine
that you probably don't want to turn it off outright for everything.