[Source] Xj3D source mailing lists: descriptions complete; need to rename source_x3d_cvs commits list

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Jun 26 16:50:18 PDT 2012

On 6/12/2012 10:07 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> [...]
> Would anyone like to write longer 1-paragraph descriptions?
> Those are also part of mailman.  I will be happy to enter them.
> These should probably note that we are talking about more than just
> bashing on source - there is also applications, documentation, help etc.

Now complete.  Improvements welcome:

Xj3D is an open-source software project of the Web3D Consortium focused on creating a toolkit for VRML97 and X3D content written completely in Java. This toolkit may be used to import VRML /X3D content into your custom application, or to create a fully-fledged browser. This mailing list discusses source code development, building  applications, documentation, help, etc. Further Xj3D details are available at http://xj3d.org

Xj3D is an open-source software project of the Web3D Consortium focused on creating a toolkit for VRML97 and X3D content written completely in Java. This toolkit may be used to import VRML /X3D content into your custom application, or to create a fully-fledged browser. This mailing list is used to provide Xj3D source code commit notifications (subversion svn, not cvs). Further Xj3D details are available at http://xj3d.org

Proposed next step:  for clarity and correctness, rename

	source_x3d_cvs at web3d.org
	source_xj3d_commits at web3d.org

Process is described in Mailman FAQ, following a backup takes 15-30 minutes,
which provides the prior list archives under the new name to facilitate search.
Don McGregor can provide backup support to Len Daly to execute.
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030617

If that is OK, we will pursue it at some convenient point.  Len is willing
to do this.  Subscribers would be automatically moved over.  You might need
to change filters if you are a recipient to keep things going to the right
mailbox.  Redirecting posts isn't really a problem since this is essentially
an output-only list for code committers, the source mailing list

Comments welcome please.