[Source] building latest NPS branch

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jun 30 08:39:45 PDT 2014

Terry, thanks for adding Arc2D support to Xj3D.

Wondering, is there a list somewhere of nodes supported by Xj3D?

The README file in the root looks like it needs revision (talks about CVS and other old stuff), perhaps we should create a README.txt that is up to date.  Many repositories (such as sourceforge) and build systems look for that - also the extension tells file systems how to handle the file.  Make sense?

Also please confirm that build.xml is now primary for the NPS branch, if so we should modify the netbeans project configuration (nbproject/project.xml line 278).

Netbeans 8 (and presumably Java 8) is much stricter about errors in Javadoc, not permitting illegal character entities and other invalid HTML source which often occurs when source is copied verbatim into javadoc blocks.  Currently the Javadoc target reports 100+ errors and 100+ warnings in the full build.  You just checked in a large number of class updates - don't want to interfere with further refactoring until ready.  Is it OK to start cleaning up javadoc entries in the source?

Latest 'build all' results checked into build.out.xml

	http://svn.xj3d.org/xj3d_code/branches/NPS/build.out.txt