[source] Think I may have finally fixed the Aviatrix3D Text2D node for BEGIN, MIDDLE and END vertical Justification

Norbraten, Terry (CIV) tdnorbra at nps.edu
Thu Jan 8 11:33:01 PST 2015

> On Jan 8, 2015, at 8:01 AM, Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:
>
> Terry congratulations on a major improvement, getting FontStyle vertical justification fixed!  Great insight that the layout problem didn't originate within Xj3D proper, but rather had to do with spatial constraints imposed by the incorrect computation of a bounding box.

More correctly put, the bounding box for the character set was indeed being properly generated (via J3D and Aviatrix3D), however, the “y” component of the bbox was not being utilized in the glTranslate(x, y, z) call just before drawing.  “Y" was clamped at zero causing text to appear as “vertical justify minor BEGIN" no matter what was called for.  There is still some hackiness in the fix, but the characters now appear to be rendering at a better offset than before.

> Your approach certainly shows why co-development between aviatrix3d and Xj3D is essential.  Looking forward to Justin's review and feedback on your changes, I hope that he finds them useful too.

I can only claim to be standing on the shoulders of the giants who implemented these wonderful tools