[source] Errors in checkout of Xj3D source code

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Sat Feb 24 06:34:23 PST 2018

There are problems with checkout of the latest revision of the Xj3D source code at http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/ <http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/>

To reproduce problem: attempt checkout of latest revision into a local working directory named xj3d_code:

Using svn command line tool (on Mac OS X):

> svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/ <http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/> xj3d_code

downloads many files, eventually fails with stderr message:

A    xj3d_code_12629/jars/xj3d-2.1-nps-src.jar
svn: E160004: Reading one svndiff window read beyond the end of the representation

In the context of other codebases this error is associated with a corruption of the subversion repository
See for example:
http://subversion.1072662.n5.nabble.com/quot-Error-Reading-one-svndiff-window-read-beyond-the-end-of-the-representation-quot-td97266.html <http://subversion.1072662.n5.nabble.com/quot-Error-Reading-one-svndiff-window-read-beyond-the-end-of-the-representation-quot-td97266.html>

Some additional results:
I can still successfully checkout the earlier revision 12621

> svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/ <http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/> -r12621 xj3d_code
works

At which point, an attempt to update to the next commit with
> svn update -r12622 xj3d_code
fails with the same error as reported above
The failure occurs specifically on updating the file jars/xj3d-2.1-nps-src.jar
Rev 12622 was committed 16 Nov 2017

Workaround:
By avoiding updating the http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/jars <http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xj3d/code/trunk/jars> folder I am able to update the rest of the Xj3D codebase to the latest revision rev 12650 -- committed 30 Dec 2017
Even with the jars folder erased from my working copy I am able to run the "build" and "run" ant target. Xj3D browser is compiled and run successfully on Mac platform.

Vince Marchetti