[WWW-Vrml] web3D conference Algarvae Portugal second call - extended to April 27th -
tomaz.amon at bioanim.com
Tue Apr 7 00:31:03 PDT 2009
I am cordially inviting you to write a paper for the web3D conference that
takes place on June 29-21th 2009 in Algarvae, Portugal and I am chairing it.
(In case you have already submitted your contribution, please disregard this
mail - I do not have the overview of who has already sent the paper).
Call for Papers - extended deadline: April 27th 2009
Tomaz Amon Ph.D.
Center for scientific visualization
email: tomaz.amon at bioanim.com
-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (2nd call): 27 April 2009 --
IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
WEB VIRTUAL REALITY AND THREE-DIMENSIONAL WORLDS (WEB3DW) 2009
Algarve, Portugal, 19 to 21 June 2009
* Keynote Speaker (confirmed):Professor Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, Director of
MIRALab / C.U.I., University of Geneva, Switzerland
* Conference background and goals
To make site architects aware of 3D communication.
To allow scientists to undertake experimental and predictive theorems on 3D
An IADIS meeting for those who want to push the web3D forward and benefit
This IADIS conference is meant both for web-site developers, advertisers,
usability evaluators and communication architects; you are
all actors in the critical stage of adopting 3D Immersion or lose your
This conference addresses important topics of today like education, health,
corporate image and make customers feel at home at your
internet site. Virtual reality already proved its superiority in involving
the user. Indeed, medical, defense, architecture and even
the car industry managed to increase learning effects and sensation.
If it comes to addressing a larger WWW-public, still critical mass needs to
be reached. You will not miss the next step in VR web
integration. Keynote speeches, invited lecturers and workshop leaders will
bring you to the best technologies nowadays. The phase of
risk and pioneering is left behind. t is just a matter of understanding the
problem and its opportunities; many cutting edge companies
are now able to provide compact solutions. The only thing you have to decide
is: What spatial experience your user needs to have.
The important topics of today like education, health and energy all benefit
from web3D if present in their content. We want to discuss
in Algarve, Portugal how to make the web3D one of the central topics of the
web content in the near future. This is clearly inevitable
to happen, we just want to push it forward and benefit from that.
The conference will help you to avoid obstacles from the past:
- Standards to be obeyed
- Bridging users imagination with your product reality
- Avoid lengthy navigations in VR
- Build upon existing 3D models
- Capture both the gaming generation and who still believe in 2D documents
- And more to say from your experience
The summer conference in Algarve offers you a relaxed period, full of
inspiration and innovative plans; All the goodies that might get
lost during hectic life. Let us help you to build upon success stories in
the recent past.
- You are the expert in knowing why new media might not work.
- We take the lead to convince yourself why it should work the coming years.
There is no way back; the web experiences will change visitors expectations
So lets find together the break-through web3D recipes on the Algarve
conference, Portugal 19-21 June 2009! Please look to the total
spectrum of thematic strands that you are entitled to join; indeed it is a
rich context for all who see the next step.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The
proceedings of the conference will be published in the form
of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS
Digital Library (accessible on-line).
* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions
of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS
International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN:
1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
* Types of submissions
Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials,
Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Themes related to educational or edutainment web3D, are of interest. These
include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Web3D in education, health and energy
- Innovative 3D graphics applications for Web/Multimedia in industry,
science, medicine, and education
- Geometric Modeling
- Methods for modeling and rendering complex geometry, structure and
- Virtual Reality
- Graphical User Interface
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Computer (Educational) Games
- User-interface paradigms and interaction methods for real-time 3D graphics
and virtual environments
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computational Geometry
- Natural Phenomena Modeling
- GPU and Graphics Systems
- Data Representation
- Data Transformation
- Data Modeling
- Scientific Visualization
- Information Visualization
- Visualization Algorithms
- Software Visualization
- Terrain Visualization
- Flow Visualization
- Interactive 3D graphics and immersive systems
- High-performance 3D graphics
- Animated humanoids (avatars)
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline (2nd call): 27 April 2009
- Notification to Authors (2nd call): 15 May 2009
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (2nd call): Until 25
- Late Registration (2nd call): After 25 May 2009
- Conference: Algarve, Portugal, 19 to 21 June 2009
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Algarve, Portugal.
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE WEB VIRTUAL REALITY AND
THREE-DIMENSIONAL WORLDS (WEB3DW) 2009
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
E-mail: secretariat at web3dw-conf.org
Web site: http://www.web3dw-conf.org/
* Program Committee
WEB VIRTUAL REALITY AND THREE-DIMENSIONAL WORLDS (WEB3DW) 2009 Program Chair
Tomaz Amon, Amnim, Center for Scientific Visualization, Ljubljana, Slovenia
General MCCSIS Conference Co-Chairs:
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Www-vrml