[X3D-Public] google's V8 Javascript engine (was: O3D - Google's 3DJavaScript API)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 23 09:28:37 PDT 2009

> Should the web3d consortium consider making a project for a version
> of V8 ecmascript to add the changes need to support x3d scripting ?

Of Course. With 'native' additions of DOM and SAI.
We should have an open SAI add-on to several major open
text/javascript engines and experimental ones to the next generation
mime.

I still think most everything being done in Kronos re the javascript
interfaces to OGL and OCL, along with the apparently independent
effort by Google with open O3D will be direct opportunities for X3D
applications. Just think of the great opportunity for an author to
make problems by using some of that stuff in an X3D Script node:)
Really, all that is needed is a budget.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe