[X3D-Public] web3d forum compromised

Paul Aslin fabricatorgeneral at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 00:17:40 PDT 2009

An example
http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5#p4724

The messages from:
forumposting12
answerervice45

Are the suspect ones, namely these are posts originally made by others, which have been tamped with to include spam links and the username has been altered. I'm pretty sure at least one of these posts was mine.

Unless there is a backup to repair the posts, I would advise banning these usernames, then edit the posts to remove the "Regards & Thanks [fake name]" and the links from each post.

To do anything else would result in loss of information posted on the forum. Exactly what was done to the forum is something you have to investigate.

Paul