[X3D-Public] ROUTEs can send an event to a point in the 3D space?

Russ Kinter pyth7 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 21 14:01:57 PDT 2009

Ah yes, inter-object collision!
See when they wrote the spec for x3d they threw in the kitchen sink but
forgot the plumbing.
The one thing that would have made x3d really worth while and they left it
out.
It doesn’t exist, except in proprietary form. Contact has it, so does
Cortona ect but one doesn’t work with the other.
I have seen a Prototype written in good old VRML that does it by calculating
colliding bounding boxes based on
the geometry Coordinates.
Maybe someone could direct you to that Proto library?

tc
Russ Kinter

  _____