[X3D-Public] Announcement: view3dscene 3.4

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:54:40 PDT 2009

Don Brutzman wrote:
> Hi Michalis, also congrats on your progress.
>
> Your contributions and insights would be welcome as part of the
> X3D working group.  Wondering, are you a member of Web3D Consortium
> yet? (cc: Anita)

No. I don't really know how to go about this, if you think I would be
helpful as a member --- please write more.

[...]
> I tried to add your application to X3D-Edit to the list of external
> applications (which worked) and then hand off a scene to it (which
> didn't work, under windows at least).  Does view3dscene accept
> path/filename .x3d as an execution input?

You mean, passing the filename to open on the command-line? It should
definitely work, under all platforms including windows. If it doesn't,
please check exactly what you pass on the command-line, if any error
appears --- please write what.

If you want to pass the scene through stdin, you should specify on the
command-line "-" (single dash). In this case input must be in classic
encoding for now (this can be easily improved for future release, if
needed).

Michalis