[X3D-Public] new build X3D-Edit available; Xj3D performance

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Dec 12 21:50:00 PST 2009

Jimmy wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a problem here.
>    I open an x3d scene in X3D-Edit,while a xj3d viewer opened.but we
> know the 3d performance of xj3d is not so good,even if my computer is
> like this:amd X2 4400+,1gb ram,512m ati 4350 video card.The result is
> like this:
> ?ui=2&view=att&th=12585c5babb3e25f&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_12585c5babb3e25f&zw
> it is down.
> So,how can I stop the behavior of open xj3d while opening file,or give
> up xj3d?

Several user options:

- I usually drag Xj3D out of the main main into the bottom left corner
- There are context-menu choices (right-click menu) to reload/refresh Xj3D
- You can also close the Xj3D window itself (reopen from Window menu)

In general we haven't seen any performance problems with Xj3D.  However
we haven't been able to it's display fully synchronized.  The Xj3D
console messages are also getting lost, unfortunately.  Some more options:

- Selecting another scene, then reselecting the original scene, resets Xj3D
- Install a separate copy of it locally, can then launch Xj3D independently
	using the context menu to see any Xj3D console messages
https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/images/OptionsX3dViewersSelectFromScene.png

If you are still having problems, I suspect that it might be the rigid body
example in your screen snapshot.  There is a long-running problem in
the specification about some of the field names, I plan to look at it soon.

Thanks for your note, hope this helps, please let me know if more assistance
might be useful.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman