[X3D-Public] cannot delete dynamic content (newbie)

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Mon Dec 21 06:17:50 PST 2009

Hi all

I'm quite new to X3D and facing a problem, that you might have solved long
ago.

I work with <Script> nodes and embedded JavaScript (CDATA) in the scene.

I make use of the Browser.createVrmlFromURL(url,node,field) function and
add some content dynamically.

To render the content, I add the content with .addChildren to a <Group>
node.

Now I want to get rid of parts of the content and use .removeChildren of
the <Group> node.

As expected, the content is invisible now, but it is still active.

I see in the debug output of the content (Browser.println()), tha of the
content (Browser.println()), that still timers are runni...

What would be your first assumption? What could be wrong?

Thanks
Christoph