[X3D-Public] Current options for converting Collada to X3D

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Dec 24 10:33:41 PST 2009

[apologies for delay while transplanting laptop files]

Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> Don Brutzman wrote:
>  > cc: list
>  >
>  > X3D Resources page is where a list of converter and translator links is
>  > maintained, including Collada.  Updates and corrections are always
> welcome.
>  >
>  >
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Conversions
>  >

> view3dscene (http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php) has
> convertion from Collada (both 1.3.x and 1.4.x) to VRML 2.0. You can
> simply open the Collada file, and if desired save it to VRML by "File ->
> Save As VRML" menu option.
>
> Not much Collada features are supported (only geometry + materials) but
> it works fine.

Thanks Michalis for letting us know.  I see from

	http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php#section_features

that you also support OpenInventor 1.0, 3d Studio Max 3DS, Quake 3 MD3,
Wavefront OBJ and Videoscape GEO.  Have added this information to the
X3D Resources page, please let me know if there are further improvements.

Good luck with your work, happy holidays.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman