[X3D-Public] Current options for converting Collada to X3D

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Dec 24 10:33:47 PST 2009

Keith wrote:
> Hey.
>
> Vivaty Studio has a decent collada importer. Its free and fully
> functioal.  Just drop the collada .dae file into an open doc, then you
> can export it to x3d or vrml.
> It supports geo, materials, textures, animations, lights, caneras,
> characters (hanim).
>
> It is hidden pretty deep in the vivaty site. Got to vivaty.com, the
> hit the Contact link on the bottom of the page, then hit the the
> developer link on the bottom right. You should see the download vivaty
> studio button on the right.
>
> Good luck
>
> Keith Victor

Thank you very much Keith.  I've confirmed that this conversion information
is on the X3D Resources page and will be glad to keep it current.  Also have
found a direct download link to Vivaty Studio at

	http://www.vivaty.com/downloads/studio

Thanks for your many efforts, wishing you all the best this holiday season.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman