[X3D-Public] Fwd: OnLive One Step Closer [ death of 3D web? ]

Len Bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Thu Dec 31 13:39:00 PST 2009

Yet another thing.  Better than the last thing?

AFAIK:  as long as any system has the financial energy, it lives.    No
systems are really threatening other systems in this market space.   It
doesn't seem to sustain dominant entities in the processor business.  For
that reason, X3D is a language spec and as long as I can find any entity
that plays it, it is simply a matter of distribution after that.
HTML5/X3D in the browser will ensure another evolutionary cycle in our
application of the language family both making new content and repurposing
our libraries for a new potential level of one-click away integration.

X3D is not THE 3D web.  The 3D Web is a lot of different systems each doing
something in it's niche for enough users to keep it alive.   3D web systems
ONLY have supporters. :-)

len