[X3D-Public] X3D + AJAX3D : addBrowserListener not always working

Joseba Beristain joseba.beristain at cidemco.es
Thu Jul 9 00:36:15 PDT 2009

Dear X3D list members,

My name is Joseba Beristain, I'm working in CIDEMCO-Tecnalia
tehcnological center developing a web application using X3D, basically
HTML + JavaScript + Ajax3D + X3D.

Each element in the scene have a touchsensor sending callback to a web
page's JavaScript function. We realize these touchsensors have extrange
behavior since when loading or refreshing the web page they just work
sometimes. Other times callbacks just don't happend. It looks they have
random behavior. We guess the problem is related to AJAX3D. We realize
the "browserChanged" function does not execute always, so we deduced
"browser.addBrowserListener(listener)" function is not working properly.

Does anybody have similar behavior? Similar problem with this function?

We are using Vivaty 0.8.7.916, the latest stable version we found. (New
versions are less stable, crashing very frequently, at least with our
application)
We did't found anything related to this topic in ajax3d forum (and web
in general) so any help will be wellcome.

Thank you very much in advanced!!

Best regards,

Joseba Beristain - Inf.Systems R&D - CIDEMCO - Tecnalia

Tel.: (+34) 943 81 59 00
Fax.: (+34) 943 81 60 74
http://www.cidemco.es

Área Anardi, nº 5