[X3D-Public] X3D + AJAX3D : addBrowserListener not always working

Joseba Beristain joseba.beristain at cidemco.es
Thu Jul 9 04:00:50 PDT 2009

> Maybe try an earlier version: Flux.
>
> http://mediamachines.com/download/

Thanks. We will try it. But the performance in flux is quite low. And
more important, flux looks is dead (at least as far as I know) so it
does not seem the better option.
> we have had some luck with this, even cross-browser. Can  you give a
> code example of what is failing?
The code is the base of AJAX 3D, taken from Ajax3d examples
(http://www.ajax3d.org/content/t3/indexa.html), done by Tony Parisi some
years ago.

The core code is this:

function initAjax3d(filename) {

   browser = null;
   context = null;
   listenersSetup = false;

   //browser = document.FLUX1.getBrowser();
   browser = document.getElementById('FLUX1').getBrowser();
     if (browser != null) {
       listener = new Object();
       listener.browserChanged = browserChanged;
       browser.addBrowserListener(listener);

       if (filename != null) browser.loadUrlS(filename);
       else context = browser.getExecutionContext();
   }  }

function browserChanged(evt) {

   if (evt == 0) // BROWSER_INITIALIZED
   {
       context = browser.getExecutionContext();
             setupListeners();
   }
}

Is suposed browserChanged(evt) should execute each time the scene is
loaded.

I have used a "not-very-elegant" solution to solve the problem, but I
prefer to avoid it. I wanted to know if it was just our problem or it
was something general.

Thanks again!!

joseba beristain | CIDEMCO-Tecnalia