[X3D-Public] Vivaty on Windows XP on Virtual Box 3.0.2 on Mac OS X Intel-32 bit...success

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 30 23:58:21 PDT 2009

After my not so successful try at running Vivaty on VMWare Fusion, I
wasn't so sure about a Virtual Box, but version 3.0.2 shines running
Windows XP running Vivaty.  You have to realize that to run the guest
additions (including directx) you need to run the installer on the
mounted ISO.  That had me stumped for a while until I noticed it was
mounted as the CD/DVD drive.

Great work, Sun Microsystems and Vivaty.  Onto native support on MacOSX!

Congrats!