[X3D-Public] QuadSet

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 9 02:49:18 PDT 2009

--- On Tue, 9/6/09, Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.navy.mil> wrote:

> X3D-Edit quality assurance checks
> found no problems with your scene.
>
> The quad is one-sided and lays in X-Z plane, perpendicular
> (edge on)
> to default viewpoint.  You are also very close to
> viewpoint and may
> trigger some near-clipping plane culling.

I know, the end 3d model is going to be a inline or prototype

> Quick-launch of all browsers and then rotating in EXAMINE
> mode
> revealed the quad in Xj3D, Octaga, InstantPlayer and Heilan
> browsers.
>
> Player support for CAD component can be found at
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Player_support_for_X3D_components
>
> BS Contact reports support there, but console for your
> example said
>
> > Unknown node class 'QuadSet'.
>
> So you might post a bug to them.

bugs, bugs, I thought they were features? :)
I dont use BS Contact

> all the best, Don
> -- Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School

Related IndexedQuadSet is an unknown node in xj3d, looks like another bug report :(

another halted project, :(
until I can get QuadSet/IndexQuadSet working to do a box
(no I cant use the box primitive),
I cant go on to the next step of GeoLODing and/or cube to sphere mapping
(http://farm1.static.flickr.com/18/24012831_0f071f41bc_o.gif)

tom_a_sparks

      Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter now.http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/creativeholidays/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline