[X3D-Public] DIS

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 16 20:11:24 PDT 2009

--- On Wed, 17/6/09, John F. Richardson <richards at spawar.navy.mil> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Oops...did not answer your question.
>
> Try http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman/vrtp/dis-java-vrml/
> [you may have
> tried this from the working group but see below]

it half answer my question ( i knew I would need a java class and some prototype nodes)
but it dose not talk about a server
do I need a DIS server?

<SNIP>
> Thus the real guru is Dr. Don Brutzman at NPS. He is at the
> Web3D symposium
> probably this week. If there is an X3D extension he knows
> about it and if
> any viewers are DIS compliant.

he know too much, Where is my brain imaging system? :)

<snip>
> There are so many complexities related to distributed
> simulations that are
> on top of the complexities of just basic multi-user virtual
> environments.

I have not decided weather i am doing a MMO or not

<snip>

> Tom ---- If you want to make money on DIS and Web3D, the
> answer is "No!". If
> you want to leverage DIS and Web3D infrastructure for
> custom or research
> solutions, the answer is "probably" or "yes".

I have not decided if I am going to use DIS or Telnet, HTTP or something else

> John F. Richardson

<SNIP>